InvoSpec OFCI Inhibitors
InvoSpec OFCI-2001 is a hybrid corrosion inhibitor specifically designed for “downhole” corrosion protection. Specific product attributes include:
- InvoSpec OFCI-2001 is a powdered inhibitor based on a synergistically designed inorganic/organic chemistry package specifically engineered for “down-hole” corrosion protection.
- InvoSpec OFCI-2001 has time released solubility that provides corrosion superior corrosion protection for a longer period of time than traditional organic chemistries used for these applications.
Blasted hot rolled steel panels after 168 Hrs. @ 50°C
in 5% sodium chloride solution.
Inhibitor loading @ 5%.
Left: Competitor A
Right: InvoSpec OFCI-2001
- The inhibitive chemistry of OFCI-2001 has a strong affinity for absorption onto metal (steel) surfaces, reinforcing the protective oxide layer, thus providing improved protection in high chloride environments.
- The additional vapor phase inhibiting properties of InvoSpec OFCI-2001 provides improved corrosion protection at elevated temperatures.
IMPROVED PERFORMANCE at ELEVATED TEMPERTURE
Left: InvoSpec OFCI-2001 @ 50° C
Right: InvoSpec OFCI-2001 @ 125° C
- The naturally high pH and strong buffer capacity properties of InvoSpec OFCI-2001 improve its protection in sulfide environments.