InvoCor RCI Migrating Corrosion Inhibitors
- InvoCor RCI’s are a family of migratory corrosion inhibitors for the protection concrete reinforcing steel. They are typically used in silane based protective barrier coatings. They are based on a synergistic mixture of amine carboxylates and vapor phase inhibitors. This synergistic mixture has been designed with a high degree of water solubility, providing excellent inhibitor transport (migration) through the concrete.
- InvoCor RCI’s have a strong affinity for absorption onto the surface of the reinforcing rebar in concrete and demonstrate superior inhibiting properties even in the presence of high chloride ion concentrations
InvoCor RCI Performance after 48 Hrs.
Immersion in 5% NaCl Solution @ 50℃.
Left: BLANK CONTROL
Center: 3% RCI
Right: 5% RCI
- The products are supplied in three different product variations:
- InvoCor RCI-1360: This variation is cut in methanol so that it is easily incorporated and compatible with most commercially available silanes.
- InvoCor RCI-1370: This product variation is water produced in water and is compatible in water-based silane modifications.
- InvoCor RCI-1380: This product variation is to be used as a concrete pretreatment prior to silane application. It has been modified with a synergistic blend of wetting agents to aid the initial concrete penetration.
- Typical loading level recommendations are 5% for InvoCor RCI-1360 and RCI-1370 on total formulation weight. For concrete pretreatment, the loading of InvoCor RCI-1380 should be 33% to 50% mixture in water.